Disability Employment Awareness Month
During October, we recognize the contributions of workers with disabilities during Disability Awareness Month, and we recognize the many businesses in our community who employ individuals with disabilities.
This year, staff members in our Employment Division have placed 118 individuals into permanent positions in 76 different companies and arranged 45 internships with community employers.
Employment Options for Individuals with Disabilities
At Easterseals Crossroads, our Employment Division staff members work with individuals with disabilities who are seeking meaningful employment opportunities. Our employment options can help prepare people to work to improve the quality of their lives and supply our community with highly-skilled job candidates.
Our staff can help individuals identify their employment goals and create a plan to meet these personal goals. We believe that each individual who wants to secure or maintain employment has unique needs. Whether you are looking for a professional, skilled, semi-skilled or entry level job, we will provide a flexible and creative solution to meet your specific needs, abilities and interests.
WE PROVIDE A WIDE RANGE OF SERVICES FOCUSED ON YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS
- We work closely with the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation to make sure your needs are met.
- We provide services in the community to meet your needs.
- Funding for services can be provided by Medicare, Medicaid, Veteran’s Administration, Vocational Rehabilitation, private insurance and private pay funding.
For Businesses seeking qualified job Candidates
We are dedicated to providing the best people to fill your employment opportunities. We are committed to matching your employment opportunities to our clients with the appropriate talents, abilities, skills and interests to assist your company in achieving your goals.
We gain a thorough understanding of the job demands of your open positions and have comprehensive knowledge of each job seeker’s skills and abilities. The result is a reduction in the risk associated with hiring.
Our qualified staff will work with you and your new employee to make certain transition into the new position is smooth. Additionally, long-term support is provided at no expense to ensure job retention and mutual satisfaction.
- We offer pre-screened, qualified candidates dedicated to pursuing long-term careers – at no cost to you.
- At all times, we have more than 250 applicants with a variety of skills and interests motivated to meet your needs.
- We can help you contribute to the diversity within your work environment.
- We are a leader in disability services- we offer support through on-the-job training and accommodations when needed.
- We provide continued assistance when it is needed – again, at no cost to you.