During this extremely challenging time, we are all looking for ways to maintain our health and our mental health. Here our some resources that may be helpful to anyone in our community as we learn to navigate the changes in our daily lives due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Looking for answers on COVID-19? Please contact Indiana State Department of Health toll-free number at 877-826-0011.
- Indy.Gov https://coronavirus.in.gov/2400.htm and https://coronavirus.in.gov/
- https://www.auntbertha.com/ is a great place to start if you’re in need of emergency food, healthcare, childcare, or income assistance.
- Indy.gov https://www.indy.gov/topic/covid
- United Way has set up a COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund. If you call 1-866-211-9966 and provide the zip code, they will give a list of agencies that will assist with bills, rent and food.
- 211 Indiana Resources for COVID-19 https://in211.communityos.org/COVID-19
- This article gives helpful hints for emergency financial assistance https://www.gofundme.com/c/blog/emergency-financial-assistance?fbclid=IwAR2OK59Polij7Q23YAHui3aZLfdHnB6v9LCORpskwsGTVyZsX3m9sNJZxIw
- Meal packages for IPS families https://myips.org/blog/district/ips-and-gleaners-join-forces-to-feed-students-families/?fbclid=IwAR1GWQmeforjkpUULmhuIKvxr9UEeNy-s43o9gD7L_KdrKV7UPBBKI9_LaY
- Marion County residents can download the Community Compass app on their smartphone, or text “hi” to 317-434-3758. Community Compass will help families locate and connect with food assistance resources https://www.indyhunger.org/compass/
- The Martin Luther King Community Center is offering lunch assistance for neighborhood families. They are also accepting applications for their childcare programs, which will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis as their capacity allows. Please contact the MLK Center at 317-923-4581 for further details.
- Food assistance availability map https://www.in.gov/fssa/dfr/5768.htm
- UndocuHoosiers’ Resource List https://undocumented.btown-in.org/community-resources/
- Undocumented Hoosier Support Fund. If you would like to request support, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-205-6424 or 574-226-3508.
- La Casa de Amistad www.lacasadeamistad.org or 574-233-2120
- Hancock County Humane Society is offering pet food assistance on Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Humane Society https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/coronavirus-covid-19-faq#help
- The Indy Learning Team created a story spot for elementary students. You can find more on their website www.theindylearningteam.org or by subscribing to their you tube page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9LgjjEm5LK5b4TId_vcBJw
- Indy with Kids is live-streaming fun and educational playdates every weekday. Visit https://www.facebook.com/watch/indywithkids/ to tune in or stream past playdates.
- While all branches of the Indianapolis Public Library are closed through April 5th, there are still many online resources available to you and your family if you have a library card. Visit their website to download and stream music, video, audiobooks, comics, magazines, and e-books https://www.indypl.org/books-movies-music/download-stream?fbclid=IwAR16qYcTRowqjW8dE5gJJXi-TDg3DF8-R1-GXh21cP0JSXeuO3YFADLf5A4
- 125 things to do with kids https://parade.com/1009774/stephanieosmanski/things-to-do-with-kids-during-coronavirus-quarantine/
- Take a virtual museum trip https://www.educationworld.com/a_curr/curr057.shtml
- 25 ways to get moving at home https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/fitness/getting-active/25-ways-to-get-moving-at-home-infographic
- Scholastic https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Free YMCA fitness videos https://ymca360.org/
- Ten Percent Happier offers mental health resources in the form of meditation and mindfulness practices through their app and website. They have several free podcasts, guided meditations, and livestreams available in their Coronavirus Sanity Guide linked below. https://www.tenpercent.com/coronavirussanityguide
- Mental Health is especially critical during this time of social distancing. If you are in crisis, text MHA to 741741 to reach a trained Crisis Counselor 24/7.
- Indiana Legal Services https://www.indianalegalservices.org/covid19response
- Legal Service Providers https://indianalegalhelp.org/district-g/
- The Arc of Indiana https://www.arcind.org/covid-19-information-and-resources/
- Family Voices of Indiana http://fvindiana.blogspot.com/
- About Special Kids https://www.aboutspecialkids.org/home-page-highlights/healthcare-toolbox/
- Insource http://insource.org/resources/coronavirus-outbreak-information/
- FSSA https://www.in.gov/fssa/5756.htm
- Resources for Hoosiers with Disabilities https://www.in.gov/gpcpd/2731.htm
- Stages Learning Materials Free Language Builder ARIS Resource Kit for families faced with the challenges of educating and engaging their child with autism or other special needs at home
- Autism Society Mental Health and Respite Kit for support during the COVID-19 crisis
- American Psychological Association information on keeping your distance to remain safe
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network Parent Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with COVID-19